Sour Cream Pea Casserole
Prep Time: 20 Min
Start to Finish: 50 Min
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 cup sour cream
2 cans (15 oz each) Le Sueur® Very Young Small Early Peas, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1/2 cup finely crushed buttery crackers
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart casserole with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook green onions in butter 1 minute. Stir in flour and seasoned salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Add peas, celery and bacon, stirring gently. Spoon mixture into casserole. Sprinkle with crushed crackers.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is hot and edges are bubbly.
4 servings (1 cup each)
1 Serving: Calories 430; Total Fat 26g; Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 1,110mg; Potassium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 11g); Protein 14g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 15%; Iron 20%; Vitamin D 4%; Thiamine 30%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Lean Meat, 4 1/2 Fat
Crushed cheese crackers can be used as a topping in place of buttery crackers.
- Party Deviled EggsColorful deviled eggs are the perfect dish for a family reunion, birthday get-together or summer BBQ.
- Easy Pea Salad with Pimiento and CheeseThis salad is more flavorful after it’s refrigerated overnight—a perfect dish to take tailgating or to a summer pool party.
- Pasta Carbonara with PeasAn easy, flavorful variation on pasta carbonara. Great with grilled chicken or grilled pork chops.
- Asparagus and Cheese OmeletsTasty omelets filled with cheese and asparagus make an easy breakfast or quick dinner.
- Easy White Bean Pea HummusThis tasty hummus dish is a great way to add vegetables to your kids’ diet. They’ll never know it includes peas.
- Chicken Fried Rice with Peas and CarrotsA fast, easy stir-fry with a slightly sweet flavor the whole family will love.
- Easy Mac and Cheese with PeasThis easy mac and cheese is a great side dish for barbecued chicken or burgers.
- Sour Cream Pea CasseroleA perfect dish to serve at a family picnic or neighborhood potluck.
- Quick Ham and Pea SaladSalty ham paired with sweet peas and poppy-seed dressing makes a great salad for warm spring days.