Quick Ham and Pea Salad
Prep Time: 10 Min
Start to Finish: 1 Hr 10 Min
1 can (15 oz) Le Sueur® Very Young Small Sweet Peas 50% Less Sodium, well drained
1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
1/2 cup thin 2-inch-long slices of red bell pepper
1/2 cup poppy-seed dressing
Romaine lettuce leaves
6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
1. In a large bowl, mix peas, ham, bell pepper and dressing. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Serve over lettuce leaves and sprinkled with pecans.
6 servings (1/2 cup each)
1 Serving: Calories 280; Total Fat 19g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 650mg; Potassium 300mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 4g); Protein 11g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%; Vitamin D 4%; Thiamine 30%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat, 3 Fat
To toast pecans, sprinkle them into an ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly until pecans are light brown.
- Party Deviled EggsColorful deviled eggs are the perfect dish for a family reunion, birthday get-together or summer BBQ.
- Easy Pea Salad with Pimiento and CheeseThis salad is more flavorful after it’s refrigerated overnight—a perfect dish to take tailgating or to a summer pool party.
- Pasta Carbonara with PeasAn easy, flavorful variation on pasta carbonara. Great with grilled chicken or grilled pork chops.
- Asparagus and Cheese OmeletsTasty omelets filled with cheese and asparagus make an easy breakfast or quick dinner.
- Easy White Bean Pea HummusThis tasty hummus dish is a great way to add vegetables to your kids’ diet. They’ll never know it includes peas.
- Chicken Fried Rice with Peas and CarrotsA fast, easy stir-fry with a slightly sweet flavor the whole family will love.
- Easy Mac and Cheese with PeasThis easy mac and cheese is a great side dish for barbecued chicken or burgers.
- Sour Cream Pea CasseroleA perfect dish to serve at a family picnic or neighborhood potluck.
- Quick Ham and Pea SaladSalty ham paired with sweet peas and poppy-seed dressing makes a great salad for warm spring days.