Pasta Carbonara with Peas
Prep Time: 15 Min
Start to Finish: 35 Min
1 box (8 oz) bow-tie pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32 oz carton)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 can (15 oz) Le Sueur® Very Young Small Early Peas, drained
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1. Cook pasta as directed on box; drain and keep warm.
2. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook onions in oil about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Add cream, broth and lemon juice; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook about 6 minutes or until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally.
3. Gently fold in peas. Stir cream mixture, cheese and bacon into cooked pasta. Serve hot. Garnish with additional shredded Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
6 servings (1 cup each)
1 Serving: Calories 410; Total Fat 23g; Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 500mg; Potassium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 5g); Protein 13g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%; Vitamin D 4%; Thiamine 30%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat, 3 1/2 Fat
Carbonara is an Italian term describing a pasta dish made with cream, eggs, Parmesan cheese and bacon. Ours is an easy version of this classic dish.
- Party Deviled EggsColorful deviled eggs are the perfect dish for a family reunion, birthday get-together or summer BBQ.
- Easy Pea Salad with Pimiento and CheeseThis salad is more flavorful after it’s refrigerated overnight—a perfect dish to take tailgating or to a summer pool party.
- Pasta Carbonara with PeasAn easy, flavorful variation on pasta carbonara. Great with grilled chicken or grilled pork chops.
- Asparagus and Cheese OmeletsTasty omelets filled with cheese and asparagus make an easy breakfast or quick dinner.
- Easy White Bean Pea HummusThis tasty hummus dish is a great way to add vegetables to your kids’ diet. They’ll never know it includes peas.
- Chicken Fried Rice with Peas and CarrotsA fast, easy stir-fry with a slightly sweet flavor the whole family will love.
- Easy Mac and Cheese with PeasThis easy mac and cheese is a great side dish for barbecued chicken or burgers.
- Sour Cream Pea CasseroleA perfect dish to serve at a family picnic or neighborhood potluck.
- Quick Ham and Pea SaladSalty ham paired with sweet peas and poppy-seed dressing makes a great salad for warm spring days.