Easy White Bean Pea Hummus
Prep Time: 10 Min
Start to Finish: 10 Min
1 can (15 oz) Progresso® cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) Le Sueur® very young small sweet peas, drained
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Assorted raw vegetables
1. Place all ingredients except raw vegetables in a food processor. Cover; process 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with raw vegetables.
3 servings (almost 1 cup each)
1 Serving: Calories 45; Total Fat 1g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 85mg; Potassium 130mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%; Vitamin D 0%; Thiamine 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch
Use canned garbanzo beans in place of cannellini beans for a nuttier flavor.
- Party Deviled EggsColorful deviled eggs are the perfect dish for a family reunion, birthday get-together or summer BBQ.
- Easy Pea Salad with Pimiento and CheeseThis salad is more flavorful after it’s refrigerated overnight—a perfect dish to take tailgating or to a summer pool party.
- Pasta Carbonara with PeasAn easy, flavorful variation on pasta carbonara. Great with grilled chicken or grilled pork chops.
- Asparagus and Cheese OmeletsTasty omelets filled with cheese and asparagus make an easy breakfast or quick dinner.
- Easy White Bean Pea HummusThis tasty hummus dish is a great way to add vegetables to your kids’ diet. They’ll never know it includes peas.
- Chicken Fried Rice with Peas and CarrotsA fast, easy stir-fry with a slightly sweet flavor the whole family will love.
- Easy Mac and Cheese with PeasThis easy mac and cheese is a great side dish for barbecued chicken or burgers.
- Sour Cream Pea CasseroleA perfect dish to serve at a family picnic or neighborhood potluck.
- Quick Ham and Pea SaladSalty ham paired with sweet peas and poppy-seed dressing makes a great salad for warm spring days.