Easy Pea Salad with Pimiento and Cheese
Prep Time: 10 Min
Start to Finish: 8 Hr 10 Min
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (8 medium)
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 cup mayonnaise
8 oz Colby cheese, cut into small cubes
1 jar (4 oz) diced pimientos, drained
3 cans (15 oz each) Le Sueur® Very Young Small Early Peas, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix onions, dill weed, mayonnaise, cheese and pimientos. Gently stir in peas. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours.
2. Serve over lettuce leaves.
6 servings (1 cup each)
1 Serving: Calories 570; Total Fat 43g; Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 1,400mg; Potassium 350mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 11g); Protein 19g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 60%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 35%; Iron 20%; Vitamin D 2%; Thiamine 20%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Low-Fat Milk, 1 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 6 1/2 Fat
A classic summer pea salad, ours uses dill weed and Colby cheese for a flavorful variation.
- Party Deviled EggsColorful deviled eggs are the perfect dish for a family reunion, birthday get-together or summer BBQ.
- Easy Pea Salad with Pimiento and CheeseThis salad is more flavorful after it’s refrigerated overnight—a perfect dish to take tailgating or to a summer pool party.
- Pasta Carbonara with PeasAn easy, flavorful variation on pasta carbonara. Great with grilled chicken or grilled pork chops.
- Asparagus and Cheese OmeletsTasty omelets filled with cheese and asparagus make an easy breakfast or quick dinner.
- Easy White Bean Pea HummusThis tasty hummus dish is a great way to add vegetables to your kids’ diet. They’ll never know it includes peas.
- Chicken Fried Rice with Peas and CarrotsA fast, easy stir-fry with a slightly sweet flavor the whole family will love.
- Easy Mac and Cheese with PeasThis easy mac and cheese is a great side dish for barbecued chicken or burgers.
- Sour Cream Pea CasseroleA perfect dish to serve at a family picnic or neighborhood potluck.
- Quick Ham and Pea SaladSalty ham paired with sweet peas and poppy-seed dressing makes a great salad for warm spring days.