Chicken Fried Rice with Peas and Carrots
Prep Time: 20 Min
Start to Finish: 20 Min
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups cooked rice
1 can (15 oz) Le Sueur® Very Young Small Early Peas with Mushrooms & Pearl Onions, drained
1 can (15 oz) Le Sueur® tender baby whole carrots, drained
2 pouches (7 oz each) cut-up cooked white chicken, drained
1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
1. Spray a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add eggs, green onions and salt; cook and stir over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until eggs are firm.
2. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5 servings (1 1/2 cups each)
1 Serving: Calories 450; Total Fat 8g; Cholesterol 180mg; Sodium 860mg; Potassium 550mg; Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 6g); Protein 36g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 210%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 8%; Iron 25%; Vitamin D 8%; Thiamine 25%
Exchanges: 3 1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carrots can be cut in half if you want smaller pieces in your stir-fry.
- Party Deviled EggsColorful deviled eggs are the perfect dish for a family reunion, birthday get-together or summer BBQ.
- Easy Pea Salad with Pimiento and CheeseThis salad is more flavorful after it’s refrigerated overnight—a perfect dish to take tailgating or to a summer pool party.
- Pasta Carbonara with PeasAn easy, flavorful variation on pasta carbonara. Great with grilled chicken or grilled pork chops.
- Asparagus and Cheese OmeletsTasty omelets filled with cheese and asparagus make an easy breakfast or quick dinner.
- Easy White Bean Pea HummusThis tasty hummus dish is a great way to add vegetables to your kids’ diet. They’ll never know it includes peas.
- Chicken Fried Rice with Peas and CarrotsA fast, easy stir-fry with a slightly sweet flavor the whole family will love.
- Easy Mac and Cheese with PeasThis easy mac and cheese is a great side dish for barbecued chicken or burgers.
- Sour Cream Pea CasseroleA perfect dish to serve at a family picnic or neighborhood potluck.
- Quick Ham and Pea SaladSalty ham paired with sweet peas and poppy-seed dressing makes a great salad for warm spring days.