Asparagus and Cheese Omelets
Prep Time: 25 Min
Start to Finish: 25 Min
8 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
8 teaspoons butter
1 can (19 oz) Le Sueur® Tender Green Asparagus Spears Extra Large, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1. In a medium bowl, beat 2 eggs, salt and pepper.
2. In an 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 teaspoons butter over medium-high heat. Quickly pour eggs into pan. While rapidly sliding pan back and forth over heat, quickly and continuously stir with spatula to spread eggs over bottom as they thicken. Let stand over heat a few seconds to lightly brown bottom of omelet. Do not overcook. Add a quarter of the asparagus to half the omelet; top with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Fold remaining half of omelet over asparagus. Cook until cheese is melted and asparagus is hot.
3. To remove from pan, first run spatula under one edge of omelet, folding about a third of it toward the center. Transfer to a plate by tilting pan, allowing flat, unfolded edge of omelet to slide out onto plate. Using edge of pan as a guide, flip folded edge of omelet over flat portion on plate. Repeat using remaining eggs, cheese and asparagus, making 3 more omelets.
4. Top omelets with chopped tomatoes.
1 Serving: Calories 240; Total Fat 19g; Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 680mg; Potassium 330mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 11g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 40%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%; Vitamin D 6%; Thiamine 8%
Exchanges: 1/2 Low-Fat Milk, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
For a different flavor, try shredded Swiss or pepper jack cheese in place of cheddar.
- Party Deviled EggsColorful deviled eggs are the perfect dish for a family reunion, birthday get-together or summer BBQ.
- Easy Pea Salad with Pimiento and CheeseThis salad is more flavorful after it’s refrigerated overnight—a perfect dish to take tailgating or to a summer pool party.
- Pasta Carbonara with PeasAn easy, flavorful variation on pasta carbonara. Great with grilled chicken or grilled pork chops.
- Asparagus and Cheese OmeletsTasty omelets filled with cheese and asparagus make an easy breakfast or quick dinner.
- Easy White Bean Pea HummusThis tasty hummus dish is a great way to add vegetables to your kids’ diet. They’ll never know it includes peas.
- Chicken Fried Rice with Peas and CarrotsA fast, easy stir-fry with a slightly sweet flavor the whole family will love.
- Easy Mac and Cheese with PeasThis easy mac and cheese is a great side dish for barbecued chicken or burgers.
- Sour Cream Pea CasseroleA perfect dish to serve at a family picnic or neighborhood potluck.
- Quick Ham and Pea SaladSalty ham paired with sweet peas and poppy-seed dressing makes a great salad for warm spring days.